Thursday 16 June 2011

Ongoing professional training update

it appears that funding for the research project at Edinburgh University is not going to be possible. At least I assume so since the answer should have been received by now and there is deathly silence :) Therefore it appears that my mental health research project, which might well have saved the NHS nationally many,many times the cost of the project is not going to be funded due to budget restraints. Not what I would consider logical, but hey, politics right?!?

Therefore plan B will continue with me completing the BA in philosophy and psychological studies which I am around half way through, and then possible a joint politics and social studies degree.

I am a strong believer that when working with clients you need a robust understanding of the individual, small group, social group, community, culture and society..... micro up to macro. Therefore in my estimation it is important to have a grasp of psychotherapy, psychology, sociology, philosophy and politics in order to maximise your skill as an integrative therapist. And as those who know me are already aware, I have a commitment to lifelong learning and improvement. Or cynics might say I am a study junkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment